Why lead with us
We recruit highly skilled leaders who work cohesively to deliver personal development through exploration and scientific investigation in some of the world’s most fascinating environments.
Our leaders have the ability to inspire, motivate, encourage and develop our explorers in a positive, safe and yet challenging environment.
As a charity all leader positions are undertaken on a voluntary basis and our leaders join for the intrinsic value of exploration, adventure, science and the development of young people. We provide comprehensive training prior to each expedition and supports all leaders through various personal and professional development opportunities.
In a survey conducted with Leaders who have volunteered with us over the last five years, our Leaders said:
• 85% said they were better at their day job as a result of volunteering with British Exploring
• 100% list their British Exploring Leader work on their CV
• 74% say volunteering with us has furthered their career
• 75% say it has allowed them to use their skills in a new way.
• 100% have also acquired new skills.
In addition to the benefit they bring to young people, 94% of our leaders say that volunteering with us builds their self-esteem, with 90% of them feeling more confident as a result.